In honor of National Grilled Cheese Month, I’m posting a different grilled cheese sandwich every single day through the month of April. You’re welcome.
There couldn’t possibly be a better sandwich creation to end National Grilled Cheese Month than this rich, satisfying delight.
I wanted to make a grilled cheese that tasted like a loaded baked potato, but the crispy, buttery potato bread, smoky bacon, tangy sour cream, and messy strands of gooey cheddar invoked the textures and flavors of late-night potato skins instead. I was happily surprised, and maybe a little tipsy.
I’m going to miss National Grilled Cheese Month. No, I’m not crying. I just have cheese in my eye.
For general grilled cheese tips, visit the inaugural grilled cheese sandwich post.
- Potato bread
- Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Green onions, finely chopped
- Bacon, cooked
- Top each slice of bread with cheese.
- Add the bacon, drizzle with sour cream, and sprinkle with onion.
- Close it up, and butter the outsides of the bread.
- Griddle on medium heat until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown.