In honor of National Grilled Cheese Month, I’m posting a different grilled cheese sandwich every single day through the month of April. You’re welcome.
I think it’s clear by now that I like grilled cheeses with a spoonful of sugar. You can candy coat your sammich with honey, jam, brown sugar, and best of all, fruit. If you start with a ripe, tender pear, the fruit will melt right along with the cheese for a soft and luscious, salty-sweet, flavor-packed filling between two slices of golden, bitter beer bread.
I’m really going to miss National Grilled Cheese Month.
For general grilled cheese tips, visit the inaugural grilled cheese sandwich post.
- Beer bread (see Beer Cheese Soup Grilled Cheese post for recipe)
- Sliced pear
- Top each slice of bread with cheese.
- Add the pear slices and drizzle with honey.
- Close it up, and butter the outsides of the bread.
- Griddle on medium-high heat until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown.