In honor of National Grilled Cheese Month, I’m posting a different grilled cheese sandwich every single day through the month of April. You’re welcome.
I’m a big fan of the pulled chicken sandwich. Tender shredded chicken smothered in sweet, tangy barbeque sauce, piled high on a giant, soft bun. And with a side of coleslaw, please.
I didn’t think it was possible to improve upon a pulled chicken sandwich, until the day I met the barbeque chicken grilled cheese sandwich. The pepper jack cheese melts beautifully into the barbeque sauce and adds a fair amount of spicy kick, and the grilled bread gives it a satisfying crunch. This one’s an elbow-licker.
For general grilled cheese tips, visit the inaugural grilled cheese sandwich post.
- ⅓ cup shredded roast chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons barbeque sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray’s Vidalia Onion)
- 2 slices pepper jack cheese
- 2 slices white bread
- Combine shredded chicken and barbeque sauce.
- Top each slice of bread with pepper jack cheese.
- Close it up and butter the outsides of the bread.
- Griddle on medium-high heat until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown.