If I weren’t way behind on posting, you’d have had this recipe months ago. I made these delightful potatoes for my Mom’s birthday dinner (her birthday is in November, y’all), and I feel just terrible that I’ve kept the (ridiculously simple) recipe from you for so long.
I like to par-bake the potatoes whole in the oven, then cut them up and pan-fry them quickly in duck fat. This keeps them light and fluffy on the inside, and crispy golden on the outside. A quick toss with chopped parsley brings a perfect bite of freshness.
Better late than never!
Continue reading for the Duck Fat Home Fries recipe
- 2 russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons rendered duck fat
- ¼ cup freshly chopped parsley leaves
- Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Wash the potatoes and pierce several times deeply with a fork. Wrap each potato in a single layer of aluminum foil. Place the wrapped potatoes directly on the top oven rack.
- Bake for 45 minutes and unwrap. When they’re cool enough to handle, cut into a large dice.
- Heat the duck fat in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the potatoes and fry until golden brown and cooked through. Stir in the parsley and season with salt to taste.